500 squats 5 days a week
WHY SQUATS... you ask?
Here are a few simple reasons!
- Full body-compound (multiple joint complexes used) exercise
- One of the most time-efficient exercise to BURN FAT / BUILD MUSCLE quickly
- Best functional exercise - You already do it everyday (AKA minimum using the toilet)
- Strengthens and tones THIGHS (stems), GLUTES (pumpkins), HAMSTRINGS (back bits), "THASS" (AKA thigh-ass) AND ABS
- Improve base metabolic rate (metabolism) because they build muscle mass
- Improves performance (literally translate into the majority of movements and sports)
- Improves bowl movements (AKA you poop easier)
Here are some variations to mix into your workouts
1. Rack position squats : hold kettlebells OR dumbbells at your shoulders and maintaining that position sit into full squat.
- Turns a squat into a full back, arm (shoulder) & CORE exercise
- Harder on cardio system (aka work harder burn more cals
2. Seated or "BOX" squats : use a bench or block and sit all the way down WHILE maintaining "good" squat form (shins & torso should be parallel).
- Encourages activation in the posterior chain (back-flutes-hamstrings).
- Builds strength-power & awareness in the bottom range of the squat.